Caldwell County, 120 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico in south central Texas, is bordered by Bastrop, Fayette, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, and Travis counties. Lockhart, the county seat, is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 183 and Farm Road 20, thirty miles south of Austin and seventy miles northeast of San Antonio. Read moreco.caldwell.tx.us
Martindale is ten miles west of Lockhart in western Caldwell County. It was established in 1855 by Mrs. Nancy Martindale, who moved to Texas from Mississippi in 1851 and donated land for the townsite.
Lockhart, county seat of Caldwell County, is at the intersection of U. S. Highway 183 and State Highway 142, thirty miles southeast of Austin. It was named for Byrd Lockhart, who in 1831 received the land that later became the Lockhart townsite as partial payment... Read more City of Lockhart lockhart-tx.org Lockhart Chamber of Commerce lockhartchamber.com Lockhart Economic Development email@example.comDemographic Profile
Luling is an incorporated community at the intersection of U.S. highways 90 and 183 and State Highway 80, fifteen miles south of Lockhart in southern Caldwell County. Early settlement of the area began in the 1840s and was concentrated along Plum Creek. Read moreCity of Luling cityofluling.net Luling Chamber of Commerce lulingcc.org Luling Economic Development lulingedc.org/Welcome.html Demographic Profile
Bastrop County (L-17), located on State highways 71, 95, 21, and 304, on the upper Gulf coastal plains just below the Balcones Escarpment, encompasses 895 square miles of southeast central Texas. Its seat of government, Bastrop, is situated in the center of the county at approximately 30°04' north latitude and 97°22'west longitude, a location about thirty miles southeast of downtown Austin. Read moreco.bastrop.tx.us
Elgin is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 290 and State Highway 95, fifteen miles north of Bastrop in north Bastrop County. In 1871 the Houston and Texas Central Railway built through the area and established a flag stop called Glasscock.
City of Elgin
Elgin Chamber elgintxchamber.com Elgin EDC elginedc.com
Smithville, just off State Highway 71 and ten miles southeast of Bastrop in southeastern Bastrop County, was established by Thomas Gazeley, who in 1827 settled near the present site. Gazeley operated a store there until his death in 1853, and the community that sprang up around the store was named Smithville.
City of Smithville
Smithville Chamber smithvilletx.org
Bastrop, county seat of Bastrop County, is located in the center of the county, about thirty miles southeast of downtown Austin. The town is at the junction of State highways 71, 21, and 95, and on the Colorado River and the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad.
City of Bastrop
Bastrop EDC bastropedc.org
Bastrop Chamber bastropchamber.com
Lee County (K-18), in the Claypan area of southeast Central Texas east of Austin, is bordered by Bastrop, Williamson, Milam, Burleson, Washington, and Fayette counties. Giddings, the largest town and county seat, is sixty miles east of Austin. Read moreco.lee.tx.us
Giddings, county seat of Lee County, is on U.S. highways 290 and 77, fifty-five miles east of Austin and 100 miles west of Houston. The land was originally part of Stephen F. Austin's colony and later in the Robertson colonyqv. Read more City of Giddings giddings.net Giddings Chamber giddingstx.com Giddings EDC giddingsedc.comDemographic Profile
Lexington is between East and Middle Yegua creeks on State Highway 77, sixteen miles north of Giddings in Lee County. James Shawqv rode horseback into the area in 1837 seeking a favorable grant of land as a reward for his military service to the Republic of Texas. Read more City of Lexington lexingtontexas.com Lexington Chamber lexingtontexas.com/ Lexington EDC lexingtontexas.com/edc.htmDemographic Profile
Burleson County, in east central Texas, lies approximately forty-five miles east of the state capital at Austin and is bordered by Milam County on the north, on the east by Robertson and Brazos counties, on the south by Washington County, and on the west by Lee County. Read moreco.burleson.tx.us
Caldwell, the county seat of Burleson County, is at the intersection of State highways 21 and 36, in the center of the county. In 1840, when the Texas Congress annexed to Milam County all of Washington County north of Yegua Creek and west of the Brazos River, Caldwell was designated as the county seat of a new county to be formed. Read more Caldwell caldwelltx.govDemographic Profile
Washington County (K-19) is in the Blackland Prairies region of southeast central Texas. The center of the county is at 30°14' north latitude and 96°24' west longitude. Brenham, the seat of government, is near the county's center and seventy-five air miles east of Austin. Read moreco.washington.tx.u
Brenham, the county seat of Washington County, is on U.S. Highway 290 seventy-two miles northwest of Houston. The Hickory Grove community changed its name in 1843 to Brenham in honor of Republic of Texas hero Dr. Richard Fox Brenham, who had practiced medicine in the vicinity. Read more City of Brenham cityofbrenham.org Brenham EDF brenhamedf.com Brenham Chamber brenhamtexas.comDemographic Profile
Chappell (Chapel) Hill is located at the junction of Farm roads 1155 and 2447, fifty-seven miles northwest of Houston in southeastern Washington County. By 1847 the site was a trading locality, one mile from Cedar Creek settlement, an early Methodist center. Read more Chappell Hill Chamber chappellhilltx.com Chappell Hill Museum chappellhillmuseum.org
Fayette County (L-18) is on Interstate Highway 10 sixty miles southeast of Austin in the Blackland Prairies region of south central Texas. The center of the county lies at 29°55' north latitude and 96°55' west longitude.
Fayetteville is on State Highway 159 and Farm roads 955 and 1291, twelve miles east of La Grange in eastern Fayette County. It developed from a settlement formed by three families of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred—those of John Crier, James Cummins, and James J. Ross. Read More Fayetteville Chamber fayettevilletxchamber.org
Austin County, with its rural and agricultural background, presents a series of inspiring views to the passerthrough. Its rolling hills and almost idyllic farm settings can be breathtaking in their beauty and on closer inspection, the farm houses, and even the commercial buildings give the impression of a vital and tenacious pioneer spirit which managed to bring forth a civilized way of life from the wild land to which these settlers first came.austincounty.com
Industry, on State Highway 159 in northwest Austin County, was the first permanent German settlement in Texas. Its first residents were Johann Friedrich Ernst and his family, who had come from Germany, briefly resided in New York, and en route to Missouri learned about free land available in Texas.
City of Industry industry-tx.com
Gonzales County (C-37) is south of Austin on U.S. highways 87, 90, 90A, and 183 and Interstate Highway 10. Gonzales is the county seat. Gonzales County, bordered by DeWitt, Lavaca, Fayette, Caldwell, and Guadalupe counties, comprises some 683,295 acres and 1,046.4 square miles, with elevations above sea level ranging from 2 to 400 feet. Read moreco.gonzales.tx.us
Guadalupe County (M-16) is ninety miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico in south central Texas and is bounded by Comal, Hays, Caldwell, Gonzales, Wilson, and Bexar counties. Cibolo Creek forms the border between Guadalupe and Bexar counties, and the San Marcos River separates Guadalupe and Caldwell counties. Read moreco.guadalupe.tx.us
Williamson County (K-17), in Central Texas, is on the Balcones Escarpment just north of Austin. Georgetown, the county's largest town, serves as the county seat and is twenty-five miles north of Austin. The county's center is at 30°40' north latitude, 97°35' west longitude. Read morewilco.org
MILAM COUNTY. Milam County (H-18) is in east central Texas 150 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico and is bordered by Robertson, Burleson, Lee, Williamson, Bell, and Falls counties. Cameron, the county seat, is at the intersection of U.S. highways 77 and 190 on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway, sixty miles northeast of Austin and 140 miles south of Dallas. Read moremilamcounty.net
Colorado County, located about sixty miles above the Gulf of Mexico in south central Texas, is bounded on the northeast by Austin County, on the southeast by Wharton County, on the south by Jackson County, on the southwest by Lavaca County, and on the northwest by Fayette County. Read moreco.colorado.tx.us
Travis County (K-16) is in Central Texas, 150 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico. Austin, the state capital and county seat, is at the intersection of Interstate Highway 35 and U.S. highways 183 and 290, 100 miles southwest of Waco and seventy-five miles northeast of San Antonio. Read morehttp://www.co.travis.tx.us
Austin, the capital of Texas, county seat of Travis County, and home of the University of Texas at Austin, is located in central Travis County on the Colorado River and Interstate Highway 35. Situated at 30°16' north latitude and 97°45' west longitude, it is at the eastern edge of the Hill Country and the Edwards Plateau. Read more City of Austin austintexas.gov Austin Chamber austinchamber.comDemographic Profile
Manor is an incorporated community on U.S. Highway 290 twelve miles northeast of Austin in northeastern Travis County. A post office called Grassdale opened there in 1859 with James Manor as postmaster, but it was discontinued in 1860. Read more City of Manor cityofmanor.org Manor Chamber manorchamberofcommerce.comDemographic Profile
Hays County (K-14) occupies an area of 693.5 square miles in south central Texas; the center of the county is at 98°00' west longitude and 30°00' north latitude, twenty-three miles southwest of Austin. The county is located on the border between the Edwards Plateau and the southern Black Prairie region. Read moreco.hays.tx.us
San Marcos, the county seat of Hays County, is on Interstate Highway 35 twenty-five miles south of Austin in the southeastern part of the county. It was the site of several Spanish attempts at colonization before it became the center of Anglo-American settlement in the area. Read more City of San Marcos ci.san-marcos.tx.us Greater San Marcos Partnership greatersanmarcostx.comDemographic Profile
At the center of the dynamic Texas Triangle (minutes from downtown Austin, 70 miles from downtown Houston and 40 from downtown San Antonio) we have a massive, diverse workforce and prime locations for new business and residents.
Bluebonnet Electric Cooperative is the unifying entity in this region.
We provide cutting-edge energy technology and reliable service to 65,000 homes and businesses. Power is our primary purpose, but our commitment to community is much more than that.
We create partnerships.
Let us connect you to:
Please follow these steps to set up and start using your website: